DUI SR 22 Insurance Colusa
What is an SR-22?
SR-22 is a certificate of financial responsibility for High-risk drivers. A driver with a DUI violation can have their driver's license suspended. SR-22 will be required by court order to remove the suspension and reinstate a drivers license. When an SR-22 is added to a car insurance policy, the insuring company reports policy status changes directly to the DMV. Essentially, this certificate states that you meet the state’s minimum car insurance requirements and will continue to do so for a set period — often three years. Contrary to popular belief, the SR-22 is not a form of insurance. Instead, it is proof of insurance reported to the DMV by your insurance company.
Drivers in Colusa can expect their car insurance rates to increase significantly following a DUI arrest. The impact on their auto insurance rates won’t go away until after 10 years, provided the driver has no additional DUI convictions.
All Drivers Insurance in Colusa can get you the best price for Insurance after a DUI and/or needing a SR 22
Call Now: Yuba City: 530.673.6500
California DUI Insurance facts are:
- You can expect your car insurance rates to rise from 50% to more than double your current rates in your first renewal after a DUI in Colusa
- A DUI will stay on your driving record in California for 10 years, during which time you cannot qualify for the 20% good driver discount.
- In the first 3 years following a DUI, the event will also directly affect your insurance rates.
- Your auto insurer will need to file an SR-22 after you have a DUI.
- All Drivers Insurance provides the cheapest insurance rates immediately after a DUI.
All Drivers Insurance © All Rights Reserved.